We've finally found a house we like, had our offer accepted and touch wood everything will go smoothly and some time, early-ish next year we'll have a new house. Admittedly a new house that needs a LOT of cosmetic work (think pink dining room, yellow hallway and orange bathroom). But finally there is a real reason to my excessive pinning, even if it might be a while until I can realise my decorating dreams.
One of the rooms I can't wait to get started on is the living room. Our current room, even though I painted it, isn't really very me - its cream and purple. I did it to match the purple sofas that were here when I moved in. They certainly will not be coming to our new place and I can't wait to go sofa shopping. So, here are just a few thoughts on our new living room.
1. This sofa is just stunning. Sometimes I worry that I like the colour grey too much and then I see things like the Alston Zurich sofa from Rodgers of York and I realise that my love is justified - they do a version with wooden feet that makes my heart sing a little bit. In fact there are loads of dreamy sofas on the site and I like I might need a bed from them too.
2. I am pretty much sure that every room in the new house will have something from Southwood Stores, and this Memphis cushion is the perfect amount of turquoise.
3. What is a room without a beautiful smelling candle?
4. How cute is this little side table from Loaf? Greys and wood go perfectly too.
5. And how could you not want, need, love this little puppy lamp from John Lewis?