What you'll need;
- A blender
- Half a watermelon - mine was about 400g of fruit when halved and cut up.
- 1ltr of ice cold water.
- The juice of 6 lemons.
- 75-100g of sugar.
- Mint leaves.
- Ice and watermelon slices to serve.
- Juice your lemons and pop in the blender. Throw the watermelon in with it and blend until it's all blitzed. I've got a Kitchen Aid blender and used the cocktail shaker setting! If you had a seeded watermelon (like I did) it might be worth sieving it to get rid of them.
- In a large jug mix together the cold water and the sugar (I used 75g as I like the tang of the lemons, but you could use more to make it sweeter!).
- Mix in the lemon and watermelon juice.
- Add a handful of mint leaves and stir them in.
- Find some cute glasses, fun straws (mine are from Sainsbury's - if you hurry you might be able to get some from their sale!) and add ice and a slice of watermelon just as you're about to serve.
*UPDATE: It doesn't keep too long in the fridge so it's best drunk on the day!*
P.s I've been nominated in the Amara Awards DIY and Craft category - which is a huge honour.
To vote for me you can pop over to their site http://www.interiorblogawards.com/vote/oh-gosh/ or click the image!