But I am nearly back to being 100% now and with 3 days to go, I am getting ready for Christmas. And in these 3 days to go there is still time for some baking and making. Top of the list is this chocolatey, cherry, boozy fudge. Basically 3 of my favourite flavours in one delicious bite. And it's super simple to make - it only takes a few minutes to whip up a batch.
What you need:
- 300g chocolate. I use milk but you could use dark
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto Liquor
- I pot of chopped up glacee cherries
- Line an 8x8” cake tin with some tin foil.
- Smash your chocolate up into small pieces (don't judge me but I love this bit) and put it in a medium/large saucepan.
- Add the can of condensed milk to the chocolate.
- Turn the gas on to a low heat and warm gently until everything has melted. Make sure that you keep stirring so that nothing burns (it's really easy for it to catch!)
- When all the chocolate has melted take off the heat and add the cherries, vanilla and Amaretto. Stir really well to make sure that the liquids are fully combined.
- Pour into your cake tin and smooth the top.
- Leave to cool at room temperature and then pop in the fridge to set.
- Cut into bite size pieces and package for Christmas.
So, what are you panic making in time for Christmas?