And he wasn't lying. He just might have hit upon the holy grail of cocktail making - The Bakewell Sours.
Amaretto sours are about my favourite cocktail. I mean if I spot a fancy gin drink on the list at our local cocktail house I'll give it a go, but for a cocktail I know I'll love time and time again, bring me an amaretto sours. They are my go to indulgent house drink too. Add into this mix some cherry and well, things just got seriously good!
What you'll need;
- 2 shots of Amaretto
- 2 shots fresh lemon juice
- a dash of bitters
- a dash of cherry concentrate (we got ours from the international supermarket near by)
- 1 egg white (you can leave this out but it adds the good froth!)
- Crushed ice
- Ice chunks
- appropriate glassware (ours are these LSA ones)
What you need to do;
- Add the Amaretto, bitters, cherry concentrate and the egg white to a cocktail shaker with your cubes of ice, and shake, shake shake. Shake some more until it's frothy.
- Half fill your glasses with the crushed ice.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass and serve. Maybe garnish with a maraschino cherry if you're feeling fancy.