We all know that Easter is about a two very important things - Mini Eggs and Creme Eggs! And these brownies combine them both so you don't need to choose your favourite. They use my go to brownie recipe with a load more chocolate thrown in for good measure. Doesn't that sound like a recipe for happiness?
I've made them for the last few Easter hols, last year for guests and this year for my WI meeting and I thought it was about time that I shared them with you. Because they are super easy to make and seasonal AF!
What you'll need;
- 140g butter
- 250g sugar
- 90g cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 120g plain flour
- 1 bag of mini eggs
- 1 bag of mini creme eggs - chopped in half
- 8x8 inch baking dish
What you'll need to do;
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line your baking pan with parchment paper so that it over hangs the pan.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt and pop it in the microwave. Cook the mixture until the butter is melted and with a few stirs the ingredients are fully combined.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Add in the eggs one by one. Stir each of them until they are fully combined. The batter should look really shiny.
- Stir in the flour until you cant see it any more.
- Add in the bag on mini eggs and stir. Stir until the mini eggs are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish so that it's evenly distributed.
- Chop the mini creme eggs in half (do it along the seam as the split easily) and pop them on the top of the brownie batter - egg side up. I try and space them out to create pieces.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes until a pick comes out clean from the middle of them.
- Leave to cool completely and then cut into squares around the creme eggs. Or just eat from the pan, with a spoon. Either or. Both are valid decisions!
What is your go to Easter treat? Hit me up with links to your faves in the comments please!